Diabetes increases one’s risk of infection. It can damage the heart, kidneys, nerves, and eyes. It also increases the likelihood of dementia, incontinence, and falls, lowering quality of life.
According to the National Diabetes Education Program, family support is critical in assisting people with diabetes with daily care. While family members frequently help, it can sometimes feel like a full-time job! That is why considering assistance from a home health care in Garland, Texas is a good move.
If your loved one chooses to remain at home, professional in-home care may be a huge help. Caregivers in Texas are professionally trained in-home caregivers that offer a variety of services to diabetic clients, including:
- Diabetes management education, as well as assistance with scheduling and managing health appointments and activities.
- Nutritional assistance, including meal planning and preparation as well as food shopping.
- Provide supervision and encouragement as your loved one follows their doctor’s prescribed routines.
- Companionship to help boost your loved one’s spirits and prevent depression, which is so frequent among diabetic elders.
- Providing respite care and an additional set of hands to reduce primary caregiver stress.
- Transportation to medical appointments, fitness courses, and anywhere else your loved one needs or desires to go.
- Personal care and housekeeping to keep your loved one safe and comfortable at home.
Don’t hesitate to call Envision Home Health Care. We have it all covered, from monitoring blood glucose to assisting with vision and mobility. We can work together to improve your loved one’s quality of life.